Some pointers to tools that might enhance your usage of MusE and Linux-Audio in general.
Instead of wasting my time while rewriting what other do better anyway i recommend anyone to have a look at this marvellous webpage:
- countbeats: http://www.kootenay.com/~bvdpoel/music.html, very useful utility if you have a song in your head and want to set MusE to the exact right tempo. Just tap the spacebar and countbeats will tell you the beats per minute.
- ecasound: http://eca.cx, swiss army knife of command line audio applications, very useful if you need to playback, record and/or do some operation in batches.
- alsaplayer: http://www.alsaplayer.org, an audio player with support for Jack, very good together with Jamin when you are mastering your piece.
- MusE internal ones:
- Nice full featured software synthesizers fully compatible with MusE.
- Drum synthesizer now with even more nice samples.
comercial softsynthis using wine
How to use them with MusE? Read more here: muse_vst