MusE 0.9 is here at last!
MusE has -again- skipped a planned release and jumped ahead to 0.9. It's really the right thing to do, MusE does work, even if there are areas that could work better..
This release contains a number of new features lots of stability and usability improvements. All users are encouraged to upgrade.
Notable new features
Some major changes since 0.8.1:
- Working -old style- automation system, pretty much all parameters should be automatable, audio and midi.
- Redesigned Solo/Mute system, works much better
- lots of "things" added
- lots of bugs fixed
Notable known issues
- See the errata section on the homepage for the latest:
Compressed list of changes from the ChangeLog
- Fixed bug 1650953 - select and move segfault
- Fixed broken master list editor. Should cure bug 1687166
- Added auto part resizing to drum canvas
- Fixed intermittent crash when cutting a part.
- Fixed arranger part selection
- Fixed arranger part operations (move etc.) to use selected part.
- Fixed arranger keyboard left and right previous/next part selection.
- Fixed wave editor - Black selection bar intermittent drawing.
- Wave editor now allows you to open multiple selected wave parts
- Fixed intermittent arithmetic exception crash in wave viewer.
- Fixed bad wave drawing above certain zoom level in wave editor.
- fix for sustain pedal to work as suspected when looping.
- Feature request: 1650957 space bar should start/stop playback fixed
- Fixed bug 1645575 - Eraser tool causes segfault in drum editor
- Fix for bug #1074808 "NRPN - still 128 values?"
- Fixed some major issues with undo/redo.
- Prevented saving and segfault upon loading for routes with empty names.
- Add new soloing system.
- Enabled MIDI mixer strip solo buttons.
- Fixed loading of .med files, with plugins, created before muse-0.9pre1
- Fixed touch mode events storing, was not right.
- Sliders, knobs and labels now respond to mousewheel and paging properly.
- Linked labels with sliders and knobs for paging and mouse wheeling
- Fixed integer controls (like Glame Bandpass 'stages').
- Fixed external plugin gui's to look like the built-in freeverb.
- solo is now united between midi and audio
- fixed issue with hanging notes for softsynths when stop is pressed
- fixed faulty off value for aux when set to max
- Fixed timing bug causing MusE to depend on jack buffer setting
- Added support for auto-scroll for all drag operations
- Adopted RT locking method from 1.0 branch.
- Fixed old bug - DoubleLabel right click causes popup and runaway increment.
- Changing global tempo now updates things. (Like resizing wave tracks).
- Fixed ladspa plugin automation not working until plugin displayed.
- Select right item when stacked on top of each other, for p-roll and arranger
- Apply effect rack before sending aux
- Auto assign internal softsynths upon creation
- New method for pasting parts, keep original spacing, fixes bug #1516294
- Muting of midi-tracks no longer mute input, bug #1092343
- Fixed issue with playing of controllers when moving playhead, bug #1316542
- Cached peak files now updated when wave files are more recent, bug #1469177
- Fixed bug with recording notes to existing part, bug #1552783
- MusE now asks when imported wave file has differing samplerate, bug #1428248
- Fix for pianoroll selection of events in/outside loop with respect to offset
- Added rubberband scrolling in arranger, drumedit and pianoroll, bug #1057732
- Changed colours of audio-out and wave strip names to match icon colours
- Fixed aux sending
- Fix logarithmic feedback to plugin sliders
- Fixed multiple part undo for move,drag and copy in arranger, bug #1516298
- Fixed multiple note undo for move and drag in pianoroll
- Fixed cursor placement in List Editor upon deleting events bug #1417718
- Fixed soloing. Also multiple soloing now allowed.
- Enabled solo buttons on the mixer strips.
- Fixed major issues with rack plugin moving, saving and loading.
- Fixed problems with multiple tempo changes and incorrect wave part lengths.
- Changed plugin code to use double instead of float to stop certain errors
- Full LADSPA plugin automation.
- fluidsynth: fixed pitchbend events, fixes bug #1404212
- Editing volume and pan with keyboard on audio strip now works
- Fixed issue with recording audio, fifo could overflow with small jack sizes
- fixed storing of files with relative path when "under" the project path
For a complete list of changes see the
Source download available here:
Sourceforge download location.
/MusE Development team