How to use windows VST plugins with MusE 0.7? Latest MusE adds some preliminary support for VST/windows software synthesizer.
- library fst-1.5 from http://linuxaudiosystems.com/fst
- wine-20040505 from ftp://ftp.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/ALPHA/wine/development/
- VST plugin
- configure MusE with option --enable-vst
- compile & install
- install a VST dll (try "Delay Lama.dll" from http://www.audionerdz.com/index2.htm)
- apply fstconfig (part of fst-1.5 package) to your vst directory. This produces a *.fst file from every *.dll.
- set the environmentvariable VST_PATH to your vst directory
Now you can start MusE. Look at Settings->MidiPorts/SoftSynths. A new
"Delay Lama" synthi appears.