External syncronization is now implemented and usable but there are a number of limitations
- Sync with MTC not implemented.
- Looping is possible but syncronization is temporarily very shaky just after the loop has occured.
- Biggest supported jack buffer is 512 frames (at 44.1 khz), transport relocation is a problem with bigger buffers.
- Tempo changes does not work, as Master it does not work at all, as slave the changes have to be small, sync algorithm is too slow.
(Update: fixed for 0.8.1)
When pressing stop instruments are not silenced correctly. For most the PANIC button does the trick, for some e.g VAM the Midi->Reset Instr. helps.
When loading a project from the [Open] menu alternative mixer settings are not always correctly initialized if the system is under heavy load, try loading the project from command line:
- Automation of audio is not complete and may not work at all
- Connecting several outputs of audio tracks to paths that will later join may cause noise, especially with small frame settings