Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
MusE 2.2 Drum maps
Thanks for the reply.

Yes, now I do see where the new drum track mapping is selected.

The drum maps do come up with each sound muted but, only when switching from a old style drum track to new. Then
after right clicking the 'new style' drum track and selecting 'load tracks drumlist'. This seems to only occur after
the warning that the drummap was created with a previous version and is being read but some adjustments may be needed
since the format has changed.

If the drum part editor is already open when switching from old to new then notes are not visibly muted but,
closing and re-opening the drum part editor will show that the notes are muted if the addictive_drums.map was
loaded.

After selecting a new drum mapping the only way to get the sounds back to the original (with old style) is to select
Reset GM Map.

The splitting of notes to separate tracks is exactly what you describe the old style drum tracks being able to
already do, assign each 'unique individual drum sound/note' of a drum track to a separate device. Folks I send the
midi drum parts to want each drum, cymbal and hi-hat sound (no foot controller events) separated. So in Cubase or
whatever they use they can isolate each drum, cymbal and hi-hat sound then direct it to whatever sound sources they have.
Guess MusE is not on Windows or Mac yet Wink I did not realize that the midi channel and port for each note could be
assigned to a different sound source device in the old style drum track. This is an excellent feature. Most of the new
software is just getting to this point. Hope 'old style' does not mean going away. Seems like the only way to get around
the MIDI spec problem.

Checking the port/channel in a new style drum track caused a crash. I'm guessing these should not really be changed
in a new drum track since all notes will be going to the same device/channel? This only happened after right-clicking
the heading of the drum part editor and selecting Port then Ch.

What do the red/blue symbols mean in the 'hide instrument' column in the drum part editor mean? They don't seem
to hide or mute the sound.

How and what do the four (4) different 'LVL' settings do? Layering, routing or a different sound?

I noticed that no matter which drum mapping is chosen that there seems to be a default order Bass and Snare at
the top even though the actual MIDI note number is very low in the mapping (octave 0 or 1, note number below 30).
Is this just because of the trouble I'm having?

Anyway, I'm gonna get the lilv installed and re-build 2.2. The distro version has the same behaviour as 2.2
when working with the drum patterns.

I'll see if I can find the old tutorial on drums also.

Thanks.

Messages In This Thread
MusE 2.2 Drum maps - by sfdadds - 01-22-2015, 06:25 PM
RE: MusE 2.2 Drum maps - by danvd - 01-22-2015, 07:09 PM
RE: MusE 2.2 Drum maps - by sfdadds - 01-22-2015, 07:15 PM
RE: MusE 2.2 Drum maps - by sfdadds - 01-23-2015, 02:53 AM
RE: MusE 2.2 Drum maps - by danvd - 01-23-2015, 05:54 AM
RE: MusE 2.2 Drum maps - by sfdadds - 01-23-2015, 02:07 PM
RE: MusE 2.2 Drum maps - by spamatica - 01-24-2015, 12:20 AM
RE: MusE 2.2 Drum maps - by sfdadds - 01-24-2015, 03:08 AM
RE: MusE 2.2 Drum maps - by spamatica - 01-24-2015, 05:32 PM
RE: MusE 2.2 Drum maps - by sfdadds - 01-24-2015, 06:53 PM