Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
MusE 2.2 Drum maps
Hi sfdadds,

(01-22-2015, 06:25 PM)sfdadds Wrote:  Questions :
   Any tutorials on how to create and use different drum maps?  I have had no luck.  Tried the gui and copying an existing map (the addictive_drums.map)  but without sucess. After modifying the XML for a custom drum map, MusE reads the mapping in fine and displays the new note names and assignments but does not trigger the actual note(s). I verified the enote and anote tag values and they look correct, actually I have mapped them to the same values.  I tried creating the <entry> elements from 0 thru 127 with empty names for notes that do not map to a sound and tried leaving out <entry> elements for notes that do not actually map to a sound but it did not seem to make a difference.
First a reality check: I noticed some days ago when using the addictive drummap that it opens with all instruments muted. Do check that this isn't the problem.
The old drum video tutorial touched on maps but I didn't think it touches on creating your own.

(01-22-2015, 06:25 PM)sfdadds Wrote:    Sometimes the notes do not produce a sound and sometimes the actual note events are removed from the track (yep, removed).
   If I try the re-map menu option or move one of the note mappings in the gui a crash occurs.
   What is the difference between old drum track and new?  If I were to use the new style I can't seem to find anyway to provide a new drum map.
   For notes that are not really mapped to a sound i see the option to hide them.  When I do this a red symbol appears but they are still shown,  is that correct?

I was thinking maybe to modify the drummap.cpp defaults to the actual mapping I am trying to create and re-build but it seems a bit drastic.  I'm wondering if the lines I commented out are the cause of my problems.  If I get some time I may try running the version from the distro repository and see if I get the same behaviour.
Yeah, sounds a bit drastic Smile
The main difference between the old drum tracks and new ones is that the new ones connect to only one midi device whereas the old one can have different devices for each and every instrument.
The loading of drummaps is done by right clicking on the track for new drum tracks.
I haven't created any drum maps in a long time so I need to check if there are any current issues.

(01-22-2015, 06:25 PM)sfdadds Wrote:  Also, not related to drum maps exactly, I sometimes need to split drum tracks by notes to individual tracks,  Each event with the same note value on the same track does this already exist?
 Also, filtering.  The events recorded from my Roland e-drum kit brain into MusE need to be fixed up (note to note mapping, note + foot controller value to different hi-hat sound) does this already exist?
 I have some custom code that does the last 2 for me but if I can do it inside of MusE that would be nice.  Is that something the python scripts could do?
Good questions.
I don't have any immediate answers but I'll try to check this up.
The filtering should definitely be an easy task for the scripting but I'm not sure for the track splitting, haven't tried using it like that but I'm intrigued and will give it a go. Smile
Why do you need to split the drums to individual tracks by the way?

(01-22-2015, 06:25 PM)sfdadds Wrote: Anyway,  Thanks,  I think MusE is great!
Thank you Smile

Messages In This Thread
MusE 2.2 Drum maps - by sfdadds - 01-22-2015, 06:25 PM
RE: MusE 2.2 Drum maps - by danvd - 01-22-2015, 07:09 PM
RE: MusE 2.2 Drum maps - by sfdadds - 01-22-2015, 07:15 PM
RE: MusE 2.2 Drum maps - by sfdadds - 01-23-2015, 02:53 AM
RE: MusE 2.2 Drum maps - by danvd - 01-23-2015, 05:54 AM
RE: MusE 2.2 Drum maps - by sfdadds - 01-23-2015, 02:07 PM
RE: MusE 2.2 Drum maps - by spamatica - 01-24-2015, 12:20 AM
RE: MusE 2.2 Drum maps - by sfdadds - 01-24-2015, 03:08 AM
RE: MusE 2.2 Drum maps - by spamatica - 01-24-2015, 05:32 PM
RE: MusE 2.2 Drum maps - by sfdadds - 01-24-2015, 06:53 PM